Monday, February 26, 2007

Family Story

With my family there is never a dull moment, there is always something going on. Between the four of us in the family we are always experiencing one thing or another, weather it playing sports, going on a trip, or getting a crazy present that is bound to cause something to go wrong. We always find a way to make our lives and stories just all that much better. The story that I will be talking about is when we did get that crazy present one year for my brothers and my Christmas present, it was an A.T.V.! Usually I have some idea of what I am going to get for Christmas, but that year I was totally wrong. On Christmas morning when we all got up to open our presents we saw that my mom and dad had given us a booklet and a key. At first I didn't know what to think, was it a book? Then with a closer look I saw that it was a key to some kind of vehicle, with my mom adding in "This was your fathers’ idea." I knew that it was going to be an awesome present. So after eating lunch with my family my dad and uncle took our truck to my uncles’ house and brought back an A.T.V.! My out of town cousins, uncles and aunties, mom and dad, and of course my brother and I all took a test drive on our new A.T.V. and it was awesome!
So after ridding it around our house for a while we my cousins, dad, brother, and I took the A.T.V. into Roosevelt and rode it on these hills in the back of Roosevelt. This thing was awesome it went up to 40 M.P.H., but it didn't have the best turning capabilities.
In every family there is that one person who always just seems to get injured, their just accident prone. In my family this is my Brother Alex, he has had a concussion, surgery, and two broken arms, all before he was 11. So being the daredevil that he naturally is he wants to try and ride down the largest and narrowest hill while still trying to gas it. So we saw him coming down and just as we think he is going to make it we see him hit a patch of rocks, as he tries to turn out we watch as the A.T.V. does a 360 degree flip in the air and lands on the side of the hill. Amazingly as we rush to my brother he doesn't have one scratch on him, the A.T.V. on the other hand is not in running order and we would later have to make some adjustments to get it back in ride able condition.
This story is just one of many that our family has to talk about whenever we see each other. Since we are all still doing crazy things and never learn, I doubt that we will ever run out of things to talk about at our family gatherings.

No comments: