Sunday, March 4, 2007

Magical Realism

With my family there is never a dull moment, there is always something going on. Between the four of us in the family we are always experiencing one thing or another, weather it be playing sports, going on a trip, or getting a crazy present that is bound to cause something to go wrong. We always find a way to make our lives and stories just all that much better. The story is of when we did get that crazy present one year for my brothers and my Christmas present, a bottle of Gatorade, or so I thought.
This bottle looked to be Gatorade but it really wasn’t, it was a magical potion that when drunk would allow you to make a wish. The first time that I looked at the bottle I thought that it had said Gatorade but really it had said Dreamade. At first I didn’t believe my dad and thought he’s just making up stories like he always does until I hear my mom say “This was your fathers idea”. That is exactly when I knew that it was for real and it hit me I was in shock. I had never known that there was a kind of magical drink that could make your wildest dreams come true. It seamed totally unreal and I really couldn’t believe it until I myself tried it. It tasted like a cold Gatorade even though it hadn’t been in the refrigerator, I waited a moment and then something magical happened.
A piece of paper and a pen appeared out of thin air and landed in my hands. On the paper there were directions of what I was to do in order to get my wish, it said “Take the pen and please legibly write anything that you desire on the piece of paper. After doing so please put the paper down and set back, because it will ignite”. So I thought to myself well this can’t get much weirder. So I took the paper wrote down A.T.V. asking for an All Terrain Vehicle, then put the paper down outside and stepped back. And just like the instructions said, the piece of paper burst into flames and
Suddenly we hear a bang out side in my garage and low and behold a new blue A.T.V. was sitting in my garage with the key in and the motor running ready to be driven. I hopped on and took it for a ride around my house and the neighborhood just amazed that it had all actually happened. I then took it up to Roosevelt and was ridding it in the back hills really just having fun. I decided then to take it down a narrow and steep hill to see just how fast I could go, to get my adrenalin pumping.
I hit the gas and took of! Flying down the hill at about 50 M.P.H.! But then something went wrong and the handle bars started to shake from side to side, I was losing control of the A.T.V. and couldn’t stop! Just then I hit a bump knocking the Dreamade that I had been carrying in my pocket to the ground spilling it all. As soon as I looked back I lost all concentration and that’s when I lost total control over my A.T.V and flipped in the air! I was spinning in the air holding on to my A.T.V. for dear life! Then suddenly I hit ground! I had fallen out of my bed and it had all been an amazing dream.

No comments: