Saturday, March 31, 2007

Squaw Valley

Over spring break I was lucky enough to be able to travel to Lake Tahoe and Snow board with my family. Ever since that I can remember we have gone to Tahoe and vacationed there during spring break, this year was no different. My dad just turned fifty this year and his brother and sister gave him reservations to stay at the village at Squaw Valley. It was so convenient just being able to wake up and walk to the lifts in the morning. The trip was a lot of fun and being able to spend some time with my family was also really nice, since in Hawaii we don’t have a lot of time with everything that is going on such as work, school, and athletics that we have to attend too.
I also saw some of my friends up in Tahoe and I was lucky enough to try out night snow boarding for the first time and I have to say I loved it! It think that it was just as good if not better than day snow boarding because the snow is just as good and there is basically no one on the mountain, so its like you have your own personal run. Although there aren’t as many runs open as in the day it is still a lot of fun.
We also got to go and see my cousins and aunty and uncles who live in San Francisco, the ones who gave my dad the condo to stay in. We don’t get to see them as much as we would like to because they live in San Francisco any chance that we can spend some time with them we take advantage of.
Spring break was a lot of fun and it went by really fast. I would go back in a heart beat if I could but like anything else I will have to work hard in school if I want to go again.

No comments: